If you’re new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
(Psst: The FTC wants me to remind you that this website contains affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase from a link you click on, I might receive a small commission. This does not increase the price you’ll pay for that item nor does it decrease the awesomeness of the item. ~ Daisy)
by Aden Tate
Author of The Faithful Prepper and Zombie Choices
Nobody loves controlling others more than the government, so it’s no surprise that they’re desperate to ban 3-d printed guns. Right now, the US legislature has introduced two separate yet identical bills that would outright ban the creation of 3D-printed guns or the dissemination of the code for doing so.
HR 4225 was introduced to the House Committee on the Judiciary on June 29 of this year by Representative Ted Deutsch (D-FL). A few short days later, an identical bill, S.2319, was introduced by Senator Ed Markey (D-MA) in the Senate. [Source]
Officially, S.2319 is referred to as the 3-D Printed Gun Safety Act of 2021.
They’re ready to take gun control to a whole new level with this.
But you may know it as its mainstream media coined term: The Ghost Gun Ban
According to the US government, the stated intention of S.2319 is “to amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the distribution of 3D printer plans for the printing of firearms, and for other purposes.” After the bill was introduced, 27 Senators throughout the US – all Democrat (with the exception of stated Independent, Bernie Sanders) – jumped on board to sign it. They are:
- Sen. Menendez, Robert [D-NJ]
- Sen. Reed, John [D-RI]
- Sen. Schatz, Brian [D-HI]
- Sen. Casey, Bob [D-PA]
- Sen. Feinstein, Dianne [D-CA]
- Sen. Wyden, Ron [D-OR]
- Sen. Blumenthal, Richard [D-CT]
- Sen. Merkley, Jeff [D-OR]
- Sen. Whitehouse, Sheldon [D-RI]
- Sen. Duckworth, Tammy [D-IL]
- Sen. Durbin, Richard [D-IL]
- Sen. Sanders, Bernard [I-VT]
- Sen. Padilla, Alex [D-CA]
- Sen. Murphy, Christopher [D-CT]
- Sen. Van Hollen, Chris [D-MD]
- Sen. Smith, Tina [D-MN]
- Sen. Leahy, Patrick [D-VT]
- Sen. Kaine, Timothy [D-VA]
- Sen. Cardin, Ben [D-MD]
- Sen. Klobuchar, Amy [D-MN]
- Sen. Baldwin, Tammy [D-WI]
- Sen. Booker, Cory [D-NJ]
- Sen. Coons, Christopher [D-DE]
- Sen. Hirono, Mazie [D-HI]
- Sen. Gillibrand, Kirsten [D-NY]
- Sen. Brown, Sherrod [D-OH]
- Sen. Murray, Patty [D-WA]
All these folks can’t wait to ban 3-d printed guns.
What does this mean for aficionados if they ban 3-D printed guns ?
Should this bill be passed to ban 3-D printed guns, it likely means that tens of thousands (if not…